[TriLUG] Are Certifications worth it?

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Fri Aug 26 17:12:37 EDT 2005

i hired a person this week not because of his cisco, microsoft and a+
certifications but rather the way he carried himself and was able to
communicate.  being an army ranger and having an electronics degree
didn't hurt a thing.

the two folks i hired last week to help out pulling cable don't have any
certs and don't need them.

personally, i chose not to continue on the cert game. however, i'm not
looking for a job.

me thinks they do give you some source credibility.  you still have to
know someone to get in the door.  knowing someone take communications
skills, not certifications.

regards,

jim

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Network, Inc.

tel: 919-838-1672 x111
toll free: 800-617-7652
cell: 919-606-1772
http://www.Neuse.Net

Ask about our Clean Technologies.  Established in the Carolinas 1997.