[TriLUG] firefox doesn't use middle mouse button

Joseph Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 17:23:41 EDT 2005

NNTP and mail is handled through thunderbird.  As for the middle
click, by default I believe it opens the link in a new tab.  Check
that.  If you're not used to tabbed browsing, I suppose it could be a
little subtle.

On 9/5/05, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack at wm7d.net> wrote:
> I've just installed firefox-1.0.6 (upgrading from
> mozilla-1.3). When I click the middle button on a link, I
> expect the link to come up in a new window, but it doesn't
> (nothing happens at all). I have to click the left button
> and get the link to come up in the current window. Do I need
> to go read the firefox-HOWTO or doesn't firefox know about
> the 3rd button?
>
> I notice firefox doesn't have outbound mail (only in the
> windows version it seems). I can't find the nntp server
> setup - can you nntp with firefox?
>
> Thanks Joe
> jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant map
> generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml
> Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!

Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com
Web: http://www.dragonstrider.com