[TriLUG] firefox doesn't use middle mouse button

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Mon Sep 5 17:19:37 EDT 2005

I've just installed firefox-1.0.6 (upgrading from
mozilla-1.3). When I click the middle button on a link, I
expect the link to come up in a new window, but it doesn't
(nothing happens at all). I have to click the left button
and get the link to come up in the current window. Do I need
to go read the firefox-HOWTO or doesn't firefox know about
the 3rd button?

I notice firefox doesn't have outbound mail (only in the
windows version it seems). I can't find the nntp server
setup - can you nntp with firefox?

Thanks Joe