[TriLUG] November suggestion

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 00:05:45 EDT 2005

I see from our web page that we don't have a November speaker yet.
So, I have a suggestion:

http://tinyurl.com/d7wkz

Jeff Waugh (Ubuntu, libATA, a *BUNCH* of other stuff) will be visiting
the USA in November and is looking for places to go.  He says:

USA MAJOR CITIES TOUR: November 7th - 16th

Would you like me to visit your local LUG or Ubuntu LoCo Team?
If you live in a city with a major airport, and can arrange a venue and
audience on one of these dates, you have the chance to rearrange
my itinerary in your favour! All you have to do is create a virtual
petition of twenty supporters - the more creative the better! You
could get twenty of your user group members to post their support
on a mailing list thread... You could get twenty friends to blog about it...
You could put up a photo of your LoCoTeam in a huge Ubuntu circle...
Or you could come up with something even cooler!

    * Send entries to [WWW] Jeff Waugh
    * Submissions close September 30th. The first responses will be
       the easiest to award - get in quick!
    * Please include a link to your virtual petition, along
       with your contact details (phone number, in particular)

So, what does the LUG think?  Shall we give it a try? :-)  I'm up for it.
How about you?

Cheers,
Tanner
--