[TriLUG] Localhost web server

matt-nc ncmail at triad.rr.com
Wed Sep 7 23:56:13 EDT 2005

I installed Mandriva 10.1 with every possible package selected.  It appears
that Apache and PHP are functioning and correctly integrated because I got
a server error message that seemed to indicate that Apache 2.0.50,
mod_perl, perl, mod_ssl and PHP/4.3.8 were all running, even though it
couldn't find the file I specified.

My question is, what do I type in the URL window to get Apache to serve up
a PHP file?

My objective is to be able to have Apache and PHP running so that I can
work on PHP and MySQL programming while I am at the library and have no
access to the internet.

I added the following line to the Apache httpd2.conf file as my PHP book
instructed:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

Any advice or links to good online tutorials about using Apache for a
localhost web server w/ PHP would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt