[TriLUG] AIX Samba to Active Directory

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 17:14:42 EDT 2005

On 9/7/05, Byarlay, Wayne A. <wab at purdue.edu> wrote:
> I have an AIX machine with Samba. Not sure what version of either,
> sorry. But I need its samba shares to be authenticating against an
> active directory...

Try the IBM Redbook (www.redbooks.ibm.com) "AIX 5L and Windows 2000:
Solutions for Interoperability" (SG24-6225-00), among others.

I've set up plenty of AIX boxes with samba, including a few that
authenticated to AD.  You'll find that the complete configuration of
AD is just as important, since not all shops implement all parts of
AD, so consult your local Windows administrator.  Otherwise, most of
the concepts are the same, i.e. kerberos, using Samba 3, etc.

MPF