[TriLUG] Openoffice has me baffled.

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 13:02:04 EDT 2005

I've got two (K)Ubuntu systems, a laptop and a desktop. Both have the
same version of Openoffice (1.1.3) installed (both up to date with the
same repositories).

I'm trying to write a book and need to work with a mix of one and
two-column formats.

On the desktop, in oo writer, no matter what I do, the Insert>section
menu item seems to be permanently disabled. Whereas on the laptop it
seems to work fine.  While I like to work on the laptop as much as
possible, the desktop has more ram and works faster.

Can anyone suggest why this might be happening?  Is there some hidden
mode or preference to turn off sections? I must admit that I have only
tried this so far on KDE.

If it helps here are the openoffice packages I've got installed on
both machines:

openoffice.org 1.1.3-8ubuntu2.3
openoffice.org.bin 1.1.3-8ubuntu2.3
openoffice.org-debian-files 1.1.3+1ubuntu1
openoffice.org-gtk-gnome 1.1.3-8ubuntu2.3
openoffice.org-help-en 1.1+20040420-2ubuntu1
openoffice.org-hyphenation-en-gb 20030813-3ubuntu1
openoffice.org-hyphenation-en-us 20030813-3ubuntu1
openoffice.org.kde 1.1.3-8ubuntu2.3
openoffice.org-I10n-en 1.1.3-8ubuntu2.3
openoffice.org-thesaurus-en-us 1.1.3-8ubuntu2.3

--
Rick DeNatale

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site
http://www.mercuryspacecraft.com/