[TriLUG] Hard drive advice

David W. Aquilina david at starkindler.us
Mon Sep 19 16:09:25 EDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 03:12:02PM -0400, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> Any preferences out there for large-capacity ATA (not SCSI or SATA for
> this application) hard drives? I'd love to go near 300GB if possible but
> can do with less if necessary.

I tend to prefer Seagate drives whenever possible, and recently picked up a couple 300G PATA Seagate drives - no complaints about them. I also tend to distrust Western Digital, while other people swear by them.

However, as with most components, everyone has a favorite brand and everyone has had drives from a particular brand bite them in the ass before.

--
David W. Aquilina
david at starkindler.us