[TriLUG] Hard drive advice

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 13:13:59 EDT 2005

Exactly... buy something solid, not a low grade line, make sure it has
a good warranty... brand?  HA... I've had drives from every major
manufacturer break and some still alive LONG after warranties are
expired.  What makes the difference?  Being smart about *backing up
your data* and not buying cheap... like if Belkin made harddrives...
maybe I wouldn't buy those... but WD, Maxtor, Seagate, all those guy's
top lines... just buy for price (and compare stats such as length of
warranty and X MB of buffer, etc.)  I don't think you can really go
wrong.

have fun,
David McD