[TriLUG] Proposal for TriLUG List

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Thu Sep 29 10:13:26 EDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 08:59:40AM -0400, Mark Freeze wrote:
> As long as any message is
> clearly and correctly labeled I don't really have a problem with the list
> as-is.

Too true.  Some of the threads veer wildly from the subject, which makes
filtering a trifle difficult, but that's minor.

>  I do like the guidelines posted yesterday, however, if I had to cast a
> vote, I'd say that I love to read OT. I find it highly entertaining and see
> it as essential to 'getting to know' others in this group. It's one of the
> main reasons that I like this group more than the 'Post Linux question / Get
> Linux answer' type forum.
>  This list has Linux knowledge, or just computer knowledge in general, OT
> posts, lunch invitations, personal attacks, etc... It is one of the few
> places that I have seen where you can post ANY hardware, software, IT, o/s,
> or whatever question and get an answer. And 99.999% of the time it's a
> really good answer. I've been in the computer industry for about 24 years
> and I'll tell you: That is really, really rare.

Hear, hear!!!  This is a "community," rather than a Technical Support
mailing list.

>  To me, it is a 'Linux Users Group' not a 'Linux only question and answer
> forum' and I like it the way that it is.

With emphasis on "Users".

This is why I recommend this list to people who are not members, and, in
fact, nowhere near the area.

Have Fun!

Brian