[TriLUG] Disk check tools

Tarus Balog tarus at opennms.org
Thu Oct 27 09:02:55 EDT 2005

On Oct 26, 2005, at 8:25 PM, Jon Carnes wrote:

> Could this also be a time-out issue. I've seen this kind of problem
> while working with very large databases in Mailman. Try making minor
> mods one at a time.

Good idea. Seems to be working a little better, but since any action
to the events table takes about 8 hours it's a pain (the client has
been running the 1.0.2 code for three years now)

> Also, when does this company do it's back-ups?  Since they are 5 hours
> ahead, you might be trying to work while the database is being
> backed up
> (another problem I've run into in the real world).

Back-ups? (grin)

We're migrating from an old system to a new one. I did a pg_dumpall
on the old system and just moved the DB over.

-T

-----

Tarus Balog
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.
Main  : +1 919 545 2553   Fax:   +1 503-961-7746
Direct: +1 919 647 4749   Skype: tarusb
Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481  512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C