[TriLUG] samba

mike unctux at nc.rr.com
Sat Oct 29 11:20:49 EDT 2005

I am having an issue with samba not opening shared folders from an XP machine that contains pics or any other data. The initial share opens fine and displays the folders fine but when I try to access the subfolders it just hangs. I see the activity lights on the router going nuts when I try and access them, so I am wondering is this a samba issue or a router issue? I have check the permissions and they are fine as far as access rights and all but they will never open. any help will be appreciated