[TriLUG] destroying disk drives

Aaron Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Tue Nov 8 20:29:37 EST 2005

Blackburn, Marvin wrote:

>We have some disk drives (hp hot swappable) that need to be destroyed.
>Is anyone aware a company in the Raleigh/Durham Burlington Area that
>will do this.  Any help will be appreciated.
>
>------------------
>Marvin Blackburn
>Systems Administrator
>Glen Raven
>"He's no failure.  He's not dead yet" --William Lloyd George

Don't waste this opportunity.  This is one of the few viable reasons you
get to expense a high powered hand gun.  I would recommend a the P226
Sig Sauer, preferably in the .357 SIG or .40S&W caliber.  More details
available here:
http://www.sigarms.com/products/classicfullsize-models.asp?product_id=41

The security reasons to need to ensure, personally, that the drives have
been destroyed, are obvious.  That alone should be able to sell the idea
to your boss, right?

Aaron S. Joyner