[TriLUG] Network oddness on IRC earlier this afternoon:

John Broome jbroome at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 21:35:47 EST 2005

This came to the sys list from Inflow^WSunguard:

Dear Valued Customer,

Today we have seen latency from some of our upstream providers.  In
particular, Digex has caused increased latency for many of you.  As a
result, we de-peered from Digex in order to provide stable Internet access
for all of you.  It seems very plausible that there is some type of
routing issue upstream from the IDC that is causing the issue.  At this
time, the issue seems isolated to Digex, but it could be a larger issue
that affects more ISPs.  We felt it was important, not only to de-peer
from Digex, but to notify you of these issues in the event that you see
any type of issues with Internet access throughout the night.  Thank you
and have a nice weekend.

Sincerely,

Richard Whittington
Operations Manager