[TriLUG] Lab Manager job posting

David W. Aquilina david at starkindler.us
Fri Nov 18 17:07:40 EST 2005

Greetings all,

We (Red Hat) have recently posted an opening for a lab manager here in Raleigh. The job posting is available at http://redhat.hrdpt.com/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=809, and a short excerpt follows:

"The Global Support Services (GSS) Lab Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of Red Hat's global lab strategy. This includes coordination with management in North America as well as other GEOs to determine equipment needs (computers, networking gear, remote control equipment, etc.) and available resources (space, network access, cooling, power, backup power, etc.) that can be used to set up new labs or bring existing labs up to our new standard.

The Lab Manager is also responsible for maintaining the local GSS lab in the Centennial office. Maintenance tasks in the local lab include machine installation (rack mounting), cabling, coordination with IS for additional power drops, network drops and for HVAC issues, machine reconfiguration to create non-standard setups for customer problem replication, replacement of failed equipment, system restoration, process documentation and lab webpage maintenance. The existing lab remote control solution, consisting of a reservation system, serial console servers and a Satellite server, is also under the control of the Lab Manager and will serve as a blueprint for future labs."

There's also a number of Associate Technical Engineer (frontline technical support) positions posted, such as http://redhat.hrdpt.com/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=691.

If you're feeling kind, please put my name in the Referred By field when you apply.

best regards,
--
David W. Aquilina
david at starkindler.us