[TriLUG] Ghosted audio with MythTV

David W. Aquilina david at starkindler.us
Wed Nov 23 22:21:30 EST 2005

Greetings all,

I've sent this out to the mythtv-users list, however I thought I'd try Trilug as well...

I'm experiencing an occasional problem with ghosting audio. When viewing some previously recorded shows, if something else is being recorded at the same time I'll hear the audio from the new recording in addition to the previously recorded show's audio. Worst yet, it's not a simple pass-through - it appears to actually be incorporated in the recording and replays exactly the same each time the recording is played.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Unfortunately, it's not consistent at all. It's most commonly encountered while watching a recording while something else is being recorded at the same time, however it doesn't always happen under those circumstances. It seems to always occur when I attempt to watch something as it's being recorded.

No settings have been changed between shows with correct audio and shows with ghosted audio being recorded. For that matter, the system has not even been rebooted between those shows nor any of the myth components restarted.

I am using:

- MythTV .18 as pulled from http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/branches/release-0-18-fixes/mythtv on November 22nd
- Fedora Core 4 (kernel 2.6.14-1.1637_FC4) (x86, NOT x86_64)
- A WinTV bttv capture card
- A Yamaha YMF724 sound card. It both records from the bttv card and outputs to the speakers.
- The system is a 1.6Ghz Sempron64 with 512M memory, nForce3-based motherboard, and an 80G ATA hard drive.

David W. Aquilina
david at starkindler.us