[TriLUG] Re: Printer Woes

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Thu Nov 24 20:01:18 EST 2005

James Brigman wrote:
> Canon IP3000-and up printers are the bomb, baby. I have a predecessor
> printer, the S750, and they've been cookin' along for three years with
> nary a burp.
>
> And I've bought only one new set of cartridges over the life of the
> printer: I'd ordered the right mixture of ink off Ebay and have been
> refilling ever since. Costs me about 35 cents for a complete black and
> red/cyan/yellow refill.

What driver are you using for the S750?  I looked at the IP3000 but it
seems the only fully-operational driver for it is the commercial
Turboprint.de driver.

> However, if you do need printing for the long-haul, the new low-end
> lasers are great. Samsung has been kicking HP butt in that space for the
> last couple years.

*nod*  I need enough color printing that a mono laser would be annoying.

--[Lance]

--
 Celebrate The Circle   http://www.celebratethecircle.org/
 Carolina Spirit Quest  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/