[TriLUG] OT: SIL0680 IDE controller

Owen Berry oberry at trilug.org
Thu Dec 8 14:52:37 EST 2005

Anyone had any experience with an SIL0680 U-ATA IDE PCI controller card
before? It's software RAID capable, but I just plan on using it because
it improves my hard drive performance significantly. Some comments on
various forums indicate users suffering from corrupted hard drives, but
I'm wondering if that was a fault of the software RAID functionality
(not Linux based) rather than the actual card.

A corrupted hard drive is not worth the hassle of extra speed, so I'm
wondering if anyone else had used this card before.

Thanks,
Owen