[TriLUG] Gasp, OpenGL library problems!

Timothy A. Chagnon tachagnon at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 11:53:50 EST 2005

Well, looks like you've got it fixed, but here's maybe some of the causes:

> error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory

Probably because the library lives in /usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/lib/
which is not in your /etc/ld.so.conf list.  Put that directory into
that list and run ldconfig to update the dynamic link cache.

> GLUT: Fatal Error in opengltest: OpenGL GLX extension not supported by
> display: :0.0

Do you have Load "dri" in your xorg.conf as well?

Tim