[TriLUG] Hosting web site on old machine at home??

Chad Thomsen chad.thomsen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 15:17:19 EST 2005

So you have your box running httpd and DNS?  Kewl.  RR really accepts zone
transfers from its non-business accout home user customers?  I did not think
they would but have never tried.  I will have to give it a try as it sounds
cool.  So the ony cost you have is the cost of your registered domain name
(unless you count the cost of your hardware/software/broadband).  I suppose
you would not have to pay for that unless its either taken already or you
were afraid of somebody else taking it away from you.

Can you set up a Linux DNS to do zone transers at a given interval incase
the IP addy would change and you no realize it?

Thanks!

Chad