[TriLUG] More computer trivia...

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 10:15:11 EST 2005

On 12/13/05, Kevin Sonney <kevin at sonney.com> wrote:

> I may have you all beat with my TRS-80 Model 1. Oh yeah, Cassette and
> everything. To top it off in terms of geekery, Dad (who is an EE)
> *BUILT* the expansion interface from a kit he ordered from a magazine.
> Took us from the built-in 4K to a whopping 16K, and allowed us to
> connect a printer *AND* floppy drives.

No, I think I've even got you beat, Kevin.  Our first computer was
a Timex Sinclair 1000 (with the 16KB expansion pack).

http://www.pawel.tpi.pl/t1000.html

It had a membrane keyboard with BASIC built in and each key
was a different BASIC instruction (i.e. you couldn't type programs
in letter by letter as it wouldn't work).

Before that, though, in school, I did some programming on a
TI 99/4A.  That was actually my very first introduction to computer
graphics as I programmed a little guy that was about 16x16 pixels
to wave at people.

I also took summer classes learning to program on Apple II+'s but
that was a couple of years later.

Cheers,
Tanner
--