[TriLUG] More computer trivia...

Kevin Sonney kevin at sonney.com
Tue Dec 13 10:24:31 EST 2005

On 12/13/05, Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler at gmail.com> wrote:
> No, I think I've even got you beat, Kevin.  Our first computer was
> a Timex Sinclair 1000 (with the 16KB expansion pack).

We got one of those as a freebie in the early 80's. Dad bought the
TRS-80 in '78 - Just before the Model 1 Level 2 came out. The Level 2
had a NUMBER PAD on the right...and Dad couldn't stand it so he did
one the earliest case mods I've ever seen - he cut out the Tandy/Radio
Shack Logo on the right side and intalled a number pad.

We bought him the voice synthesizer add-on for Xmas the following
year. Sounded just like WarGames, and it was AWSOME. Everything else
sounded like it was a Sweedish Imigrant, but hey, for 1978/1979 it was
cool.

--
-- Kevin Sonney
-- kevin at sonney.com
-- ksonney at gmail.com
-- AIM: ksonney
-- ICQ: 4855069
-- GPG: 1024D/320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9