[TriLUG] More computer trivia...

Bill Geschwind geschwin at email.unc.edu
Tue Dec 13 10:31:47 EST 2005

That does bring back memories. The first computer I played on was my Dad's
Sinclair ZX-80, that he got as a kit IIRC in 1980, and it had the same
limitations as the Timex Sinclair 1000 that you described.

http://oldcomputers.net/zx80.html

When I was in 9th grade I would play games on it by first typing in the
BASIC program from a listing in a magazine.

A couple of years later my Dad upgraded to a TI 99/4A, which he over time
upgraded with every add-on available for it, including dual 5.25" floppy
drives and a speech synthesizer (which sang some truly horrendous Christmas
songs).

- Bill