[TriLUG] Ultra 320 SCSI card recommendations

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Thu Dec 29 20:56:52 EST 2005

I second Jason's comment, it's more likely that with a non RAID card,
you will find the spinning spindles to be the bottleneck much more often
than the channel to them.

If you are have a configuration where the spindles aren't the
bottleneck, you shouldn't scrimp on a cheap card, get an Adaptec at the
very least.  If you have an application where the SCSI bus is the
bottleneck shouldn't you be looking at a caching array controller?

Just my thoughts,

    Kevin