[TriLUG] OT: www.hexblog.com - a fix for the WMF vulernability.

David A. Cafaro dac at trilug.org
Wed Jan 4 09:16:52 EST 2006

Actually if a user isn't careful, they could get infected using firefox.
It will pop up as a windows media file and ask if you want to play it,
if the user clicks yes, click, they are infected.  Unfortunetly users do
these kinds of things...

(PS, this is from experience, luckily Norton AV actually caught it as it
was downloaded after the users clicked yes, user:"I thought it was the
video I was looking for...")