[TriLUG] Brian's post not showing up...

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 10:45:53 EST 2006

On 1/4/06, Brian McCullough <bdmc at bdmcc-us.com> wrote:

> Sorry, folks.
>
> I will quit signing my messages.

Brian,

I wouldn't go that far.  Jon is using an extremely old version of Evolution.
I haven't run Evolution in 3-4 years and that was the last version I used
(or close to it)!  It had this exact same problem back when I used it
and in general didn't handle signed messages correctly.  I attempted
to open bugs about it, but the attitude of the Evolution developers was
that it worked for them, or it was the imap server's fault, and they didn't
really care about users' bug reports and that was a major contributing
factor to my move from evolution to Thunderbird.

So, I'd definitely suggest you keep signing your messages and Jon, dude,
get a much better mail client!  From what I understand, current versions of
evolution don't have this problem (finally!) or you could move to something
better!

Cheers,
Tanner
--