[TriLUG] OT: OpenVote

Pat Regan thehead at patshead.com
Wed Jan 4 20:27:54 EST 2006

sholton at mindspring.com wrote:
> A second (cardboard) box holds the results for tabulation. Nothing more.

Can't we move the paper trail off of the paper?    :)

In an ideal (to me) system I would be able to securely vote from the
privacy of my own home, adjust my vote, and be able to go back into the
system and check who I voted for.  I suppose that means my vote needs to
be electronically signed by me, but I suppose not necessarily traceable
back to me...

If you can make voting easy enough that people can do it from home would
bring us to the point where we it would be possible to have a direct,
instead of a representative, democracy.  Election day could be every day.

Pat