[TriLUG] Hacking Knoppix Hacks

Tom Eisenmenger teisenmenger at charter.net
Fri Jan 6 00:25:28 EST 2006

On a recent visit to BN I came across two interesting books:  O'Reily's
"Knoppix Hacks" and ExtremeTech's just-released "Hacking Knoppix".  Both
books appeared to be well-presented but as a relative newbie I wasn't
sure which would be best for me for a first attempt at building a
customized distro.  Has anyone here had any experience with or comments
about either of these two books?  Amazon rates the O'Reily book at 4.5
stars but the ExtremeTech book (which appealed to me a bit more than the
other) is too recent to have built a rating.