[TriLUG] Debian vs. Ubuntu server

Brian Weaver cmdrclueless at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 13:47:06 EST 2006

Greg,

I recently ask which distro to use on the list. After reading
everything I decided to go with Debian myself and I'm quite happy with
it. Of course part of my decision was simply that I wanted to learn
yet another distribution and one not based upon RPMs for a change. My
reason for not going with Ubuntu was that it's based upon Debian and
appears to really be focused on the desktop from what I could tell.

Installation of Sarge was really easy and once I learned how to use
apt-cache and apt-get I was set.

-Weave