[TriLUG] 802.11g WiFi Card recomendations

Kevin Sonney kevin at sonney.com
Sun Jan 8 21:12:33 EST 2006

So it appears my WG511T card is unhappy. Unhappy enough to kernel trap
and cause disruptions across the entire WiFi [1] network in my house
(yeah, that's unhappy). [2]

So now I'm in the market for a new 802.11G[3] PCMCIA (Or USB - I'm
open to using USB for this) adapter. What is the rest of the LUG
having success with?

Footnotes :
[1] Yes, I know, Mr. Neuse, you've had bad luck with WiFi. Please
don't re-iterate.
[2] Yes, I tried $DRIVER, $PACKAGE, and $CONFIG to get it working.
It's $INTERCOURSED, and I have to spend money.
[3] Yes, I know, OSS purists, 802.11G mostly bad since there are no
fully OSS compliant/certified drivers and the companies in question
aren't playing ball and hate Linux.

--
-- Kevin Sonney
-- kevin at sonney.com