[TriLUG] Newbie question reguarding YUM and Linux.

Owen Berry oberry at trilug.org
Tue Jan 10 09:38:30 EST 2006

My humble opinion is that you should never let it run automatically.
Depending on your distribution, dependancies should not be a problem,
but you never know. Also, config files sometimes need to be updated,
and, also depending on the distribution, you might need to restart
services by hand.

What you can do automatically is to run yum with check-update and email
the results to yourself. That way you can tell if you have updates
available.

Owen