[TriLUG] Job Posting: Unix System Administrator

John Turner jdturner at nc.rr.com
Tue Jan 17 14:09:40 EST 2006

Here is a short term (5 months) with possible extension. Please send
resume to steve at mcnatton.com, but you are welcome to email me
questions about the position.

John Turner

Contract Senior UNIX Administrator - Raleigh, NC

We are looking to immediately fill an additional contract position
for a Senior
UNIX Administrator. This contract runs through at least July 1, 2006.

We are a tight knit group of highly experienced (15+ years each)
computer
professionals. Each of us has at least one graduate degree in
Computer Science.
We seek someone with the appropriate background and vision to help
improve our
team and our processes.

Our primary customer depends on us to administer nearly one hundred
machines of
all shapes and sizes. The ability to quickly learn new technologies and
develop solutions, as one would expect, is critical.

Here's what we're looking for.

* Problem solvers
* 5+ years of real world experience
* BS in Computer Science or closely related field

Here's what we do that might affect your quality of life.

* One week of on-call duty every fourth week
* Rarely travel for customer initiated business purposes
* 1099 preferred but we can work with the right candidate on this

Here's what we do on a daily basis.

* Analyze and solve problems
* Administer servers running SUSE, Redhat, Solaris, AIX
* Build servers using automated/reproducible processes: YAST,
kickstart, jumpstart
* Access EMC SAN storage from a variety of operating systems
* Scripting and code writing (Perl, PHP, sh, etc) to maintain a large
number of machines
* Development of web applications
* Tivoli/StorServer backups
* DNS/email gateways/Symantec spam and anti-virus products
* Network appliance proxy and filtering services
* Provide monitoring for a vast Cisco based network

If you feel you can contribute to our team, I look forward to hearing
from you.

Please send resumes and salary requirements via email to
steve at mcnatton.com.
I strongly prefer text and PDF attachments. I reserve the right to
put other
formats at the bottom of the pile.