[TriLUG] Logitech QuickCam - no video device found

Timothy A. Chagnon tachagnon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 12:10:23 EST 2006

I'll check what my syslog output looks like when I get home, but I'm
pretty sure it's more than those two lines.

So, if you don't have the camera plugged in, and don't have the
spca5xx or videodev modules inserted, then plug the camera in, do both
modules get inserted / show up in lsmod?

Oh, I also remembered... maybe try the commands v4l-info, v4l-conf,
v4lctl.  See if those can access the camera.