[TriLUG] New user seeking advice\help

argotera argotera at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 12:54:13 EST 2006

Mike,
  thank you,  I  use excel and various addins like solver  ,treeplan etc for regression analysis and  business modeling.

  regards
  Pallavi

Mike Parkhurst <Mike.Parkhurst at samsys.com> wrote:  On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 02:58 -0800, argotera wrote:

Do you need MS Word and Excel, or do you need to open .doc and .xls
files, or do you just need a good editor and spreadsheet?  The reason I
ask is because it is not trivial to get Word or Excel running under
Linux.  However, many Linux distributions, such as Ubuntu include office
applications that can open most .doc and .xls files as well as native
file types.

Mike