[TriLUG] New user seeking advice\help

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 14:06:26 EST 2006

Pallavi,

I definitely recommend you look into OpenOffice.org (
http://www.openoffice.org/ ), but in the meantime it sounds like you
want to buy CrossOver Office ( http://www.codeweavers.com/ ), since
that _should_ let you use your addins.

It sounds like it would take a fair amount of work for you to
transition to OpenOffice, but--imho--the benefits will outweigh the
costs. It's a one-time investment of time and energy, and there are no
recurring software upgrade costs once you've made the transition.

I also recommend Ubuntu ( http://www.ubuntulinux.org/ ). They'll even
ship you a CD set for free! ( https://shipit.ubuntu.com/ )

-CMP