[TriLUG] geek-friendly ISP's

ronyoung at nc.rr.com ronyoung at nc.rr.com
Thu Jan 26 08:56:10 EST 2006

I have been in contact with BS on behalf of a customer of mine within
the past 3 months.  They told me at the time that BS does not block any
ports for his business account.

My RoadRunner connection at home also does not seem to be blocking any
of the most often used ports.

Finally, for your phone consider just going completely cellular.  The
wife and I have been sans land-line for about six months and have not
even missed it once.  I find that Verizon gives me the best service and
coverage of any of the 4 carriers I have used.  And there is no local
service phone bill each month that I was not using anyway and no
additional long distance charges that we only used occasionally.

FWIW...

Ron Young
(M) 919-621-9015