[TriLUG] Site to Site VPN over the net? Good enough for VoIP?

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Tue Jan 31 10:21:53 EST 2006

the system our company sells is the same one our company uses:
http://www.neuse.net/phone

it goes up to 32 extensions, 16 VoIP trunks and 16 POTS lines.

the real question is control of latency over the internet.  on a local
level, you can use p and q tagging; however, you can not guarantee
latency over the internet.  the only test you have is to try it.  it
does not matter whether you use DSL, T1, cable modem.  all that matters
is that the route have low latency.

on a practical note, my tired old ears use VoIP just fine.  sometimes,
it is like a cell phone and has a little blip.  most of the time, it is
fine.

hth,

jim

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Network, Inc.

tel: 919-838-1672 x111
toll free: 800-617-7652
cell: 919-606-1772
http://www.Neuse.Net

Ask about our Clean Technologies.  Established in the Carolinas 1997.