[TriLUG] Goelocation service suggestions?

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 13:45:58 EST 2006

On 2/2/06, Robert Ryals <rryals at tmio.com> wrote:
>  Rick DeNatale wrote:
>  On 2/2/06, Robert Ryals <rryals at tmio.com> wrote:

>  Check out Geobytes - http://www.geobytes.com/
>
>  And this one got the correct state, but says I'm in Concord, NC.
>

>  I have had spotty results with those as well.  I just found another one
> www.maxmind.com    I spot checked 10 or so IP's around the US and their
> database was 100% accurate.  It's not a free service but they only charge
> $20 for 50,000 web service hits.

They've got me in Kannapolis.

I do have to tell you that my ip address is a bit tricky.  My isp is
CTC, which is the local telco JUST for Heritage Wake Forest in this
area.  They are based in Concord (hence the first C). When the
community was new, a lot of on-line directories had our phone numbers
mapped to our street addresses, but in Concord, despite the fact that
we DO have a 919 area code.
--
Rick DeNatale

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site