[TriLUG] Goelocation service suggestions?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Feb 4 22:03:48 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 13:45, Rick DeNatale wrote:

> They've got me in Kannapolis.
>
> I do have to tell you that my ip address is a bit tricky.  My isp is
> CTC, which is the local telco JUST for Heritage Wake Forest in this
> area.  They are based in Concord (hence the first C). When the
> community was new, a lot of on-line directories had our phone numbers
> mapped to our street addresses, but in Concord, despite the fact that
> we DO have a 919 area code.
> --
> Rick DeNatale
>
> Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site
> http://www.mercuryspacecraft.com/

CTC - where the "T" really means Terrible! You have my condolences!
We have to deal with them for certain areas of North Carolina. In most
places where CTC is the service provider they are the ONLY service
provider. Its in their contracts with the land developers and building
owners - or they won't go there.

They are sooooo awful, they make Bell look good.  Really they couldn't
exist unless they were a local monopoly.

As you can imagine we have a lot of folks under CTC's thumb sneaking our
service in via VoIP.

Good luck - Jon Carnes