[TriLUG] seeking help-desk ticket tracking tool

Paul G. Szabady Paul at ThyService.com
Wed Feb 8 15:54:20 EST 2006

David,

You might want to look at sysaid:  http://www.ilient.com/  I don't have
any persoanl experience with it, but I recently installed the freebie
version for a client and they bought the licensed version, which includes
an ldap feature.

Here's the pricing structure they sent to me:

SysAid's basic package includes three administrators, 120 end users, 120
assets.
This basic package costs  $399 (USD).
Each additional administrator costs $149 (USD).
Each ten additional end users cost $24 (USD).
Each ten additional assets cost $18 (USD).
The task & project module costs $185 (USD).

Price includes online support, email support, and upgrades for the first
year.

I'd be interested in knowing what your final decision will be.  I have a
not-for-profit for which I do a lot of philanthropy work and they need
something free or extremely cheap.  The ilient folks said they'd give us a
10% discount, but that's still $360 they don't have in the budget for
software.  :(

--
Paul
@ Thy Service

> Hi folks!  I've already talked to a few people and have to come know
that Request Tracker seems to be a popular solution for tracking
customer help-desk related issues.  We will soon be running a web
application which will by nature, have LOTS of users... um, lusers. So,
in light of that, we are seeking a system we can use to track our
calls/cases to help us manage this.  If you have any suggestions, please
include some pros and cons.

> What would be icing on the cake for me?  Something which was developed
using PHP (running on linux/apache), can use MSSQL (yes I said that) and
possibly even have users auth'd against my AD (LDAP) just like I'm able
to auth my AD users with apache/httpd (see:
> http://www.turnpike420.net/linux/Apache_ADS_AuthLDAP.txt)  At any rate,
I realize more than likely a system we get will use mysql or postgresql
and won't be able to reach my AD for users and auth info, which is fine.
 I'm shooting for the moon and taking what I can get! :)