[TriLUG] My organization is looking into donation possibilities for old comoputers.

Aaron Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Thu Feb 9 13:41:41 EST 2006

Chad Thomsen wrote:

>We have about 15 old Pentium 3s (833mhz 128mb ram with windows 98 with
>Office 2000/97 OEM), mice (compter type), monitors, and keyboards we are
>looking to donate to a charitable cause.  We also have a small handful of
>"parts" PCs which do not run.  Preferable doantion woud be a non-profit so
>we can get a tax write off, but that is not critical.  As long as these
>machines find a good home thats all that really matters.
>
>So far I have only found one organization (www.kramden.org) that takes old
>stuff.   I have been in contact with Durham County Habitat, Orange County
>Habitat, Trosa (Durham).
>
>Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Chad

The Natural Science Center of Greensboro (where my father works) happily
accepts donated computers and parts, and provides receipts as a 501-c
non-profit.  You can have the added benefit of knowing that they're
probably going to be used running Linux to power exhibits or other
interesting behind-the-scenes systems at the NSC.

Contact Information:
Roger Joyner (cc:d on this message)
The Natural Science Center of Greensboro
4301 Lawndale Drive
Greensboro, NC 27455
(336) 288-3769 x309

Aaron S. Joyner