[TriLUG] Cisco 831 or Equivalent

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 11:35:14 EST 2006

I'll have to second the WRT54GS (note the "S") for DSL.  I purchased one for
my sister in Dallas, configured it at my house, packaged it and mailed it.
She was up and running in minutes.  Port forwarding is possible though I
can't say much about the QOS as I have not tested it.

What I would probably do is get the GS and flash OpenWRT on it and go from
there.  Then you'd have wireless, iptables, PPPoE support, and all the other
gizmos.

Or you could go with M0n0wall if you didnt' want wireless.  M0n0 is running
my DSL connected Outer Banks Wireless Empire like a champ.

Greg