[TriLUG] OpenNMS question

Ryan Leathers ryan.leathers at globalknowledge.com
Tue Feb 14 10:19:22 EST 2006

When I select a monitored host in OpenNMS and click on SNMP Performance,
I see a vexing error.  Has anyone seen this message mingled between the
pretty MRTG graphs before?

"The data you have selected to view is not available from this node"

>From the host running OpenNMS I can snmpwalk a target and read all the
values I could ever want.  After configuring the XML, following the
documentation examples, some of the things I care about are showing up
and others are missing.  For example, packets and octets and the like
each show up in their own graph.  disk size, disk used, system uptime,
and things like this don't show up.

Is this because there is not really a way to show these in a graph?  How
then can I get something like a system uptime value to be displayed on
the same page as the packets and octets graphs?

Thanks,

Ryan