[TriLUG] Opera 8.5 caching dynamic pages

Barry Gaskins barry.gaskins at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 12:20:51 EST 2006

   The HTTP headers that are sent back with a request have a value for how
long to hold the page in cache.  So I would say that the first thing to
check is to see if that value is set correctly.  I don't know anything about
Opera so it may be ignoring the value.  But I suspect that your server
is telling the browser that it is allowed to cache the page.  I don't
remember off the top of my head exactly what the name of the header is or
how you set it using PHP.

   - Barry