[TriLUG] OpenNMS question

Tarus Balog tarus at opennms.org
Tue Feb 14 17:30:38 EST 2006

On Feb 14, 2006, at 10:19 AM, Ryan Leathers wrote:

> When I select a monitored host in OpenNMS and click on SNMP
> Performance,
> I see a vexing error.  Has anyone seen this message mingled between
> the
> pretty MRTG graphs before?
>
> "The data you have selected to view is not available from this node"

You pooched your snmp-graph.properties file.

The columns field points to the name of the rrd file (ifInOctets,
etc.) minus the trailing .rrd. Then the DEF statements point to the
proper file, {rrd1} becomes /var/opennms/rrd/snmp/12/eth0/
ifInOctets.rrd and the second field, which should be the same as the
name in the column field, points to the RRA.

Check out the web.log for more clues, or drop me a note off list and
I'll help you fix it.

-T

-----

Tarus Balog
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.
Main  : +1 919 545 2553   Fax:   +1 503-961-7746
Direct: +1 919 647 4749   Skype: tarusb
Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481  512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C