[TriLUG] Cathedral vs. Bazaar (was Re: Lunch Friday? - Another Durham person)

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Tue Feb 21 16:09:52 EST 2006

Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> Perhaps this is a cathedral vs bazaar debate here?  Bali Hai is the
> "cathedral" where you go there and do what you're told while Crazy
> Fire is the "bazaar" where YOU decide how things will go.  Now, while
> I definitely prefer emacs (which is the canonical "cathedral") over vi,
> I definitely prefer "bazaar" style here.

Wow... I always considered emacs a 'bazaar' type situation where you
*can* do exactly what you want to do.  Need a new mode, go for it.  Want
to interact with another program, sure!  etc.  Vi, for me, has always
been the 'Do it OUR way' cathedral...

--[Lance]

--
 My LiveJournal  http://www.livejournal.com/users/labrown/
 GPG Fingerprint: 409B A409 A38D 92BF 15D9 6EEE 9A82 F2AC 69AC 07B9