[TriLUG] open source lab

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Sat Feb 25 10:13:33 EST 2006

We were able to build up the hardware and install Ubuntu at our 23 Feb
2006 meeting. Many thanks to Brian McCullough for presiding and to Matt
Nash for taking the notes. Notes were created with Open Office and
exported as XHTML without the use of any commercial software.

Tim Hazlehurst saved the day by spotting us a CDROM after I accidently
left the optical drive at home from the box that hit the pavement last
month. James Brigman donated the motherboard and processor. Jim Ray
donated the case and SCSI hardware. Our monster anti establishment
server consists of AMD K6 processor, 128 MB RAM, Adaptec 2940UW SCSI
card, IBM 9 GB hard drive and Ubuntu.

We are ready to start on applications for our March 23 meeting. Samba
will probably be next.  Meetings are free.  Registration is required.
Notes are posted.

http://www.neuse.net/opensource

Regards,

Jim

--
Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Network, Inc.

tel: 919-838-1672 x111
toll free: 800-617-7652
cell: 919-606-1772
http://www.Neuse.Net

Ask about our Clean Technologies.  Established in the Carolinas 1997.