[TriLUG] [Fwd: [Steering] MIT event that TriLUG might be interested in]

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Mon Mar 13 13:27:12 EST 2006

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Steering] MIT event that TriLUG might be interested in
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 13:06:53 -0500
From: Colin DeSouza <colin.desouza at motricity.com>
To: <steering at trilug.org>
CC: MacCabe, Steve <smaccabe at harris.com>,	Howie Rhee <hrhee at cednc.org>

TriLUG Steering Committee,

I looked up your email address from your site after a colleague
suggested I share this event with your group. I'm a board member of the
MIT Club of RTP, and we are hosting a Seminar on Open Source Software
that TriLUG members might be interested in. The details are below.

If you feel that this event is of interest, please feel free to forward
the information to the TriLUG mailing list. Steve and Howie (copied) are
organizing the event on behalf of the MIT club. Please let us know if
you have any questions.

Thanks.

Colin

Colin deSouza
Development Manager
   <http://www.motricity.com/>
(919) 287-7415 - office
(919) 412-3663 - mobile
(919) 287-7401 - fax
www.motricity.com <http://www.motricity.com>

<http://alumweb.mit.edu/clubs/researchtrianglepark/BrowseWeb.do?webSiteI
d=SI000198&webPageId=P001>

Greetings!

You are invited to the next seminar in our Intellectual Property Seminar
Series - "Open Source Software", this Thursday evening, March 16th.
Spend some time with Mark Webbink, Deputy General Counsel for
Intellectual Property and Public Policy, Red Hat, Inc.

We've all heard of and many of us use open source software. In fact,
open source software has become so flexible, reliable and available that
many of use depend on it as an alternative to more restrictive programs.
Professional-quality open source software has become commonplace over
the past decade, and this talk will investigate open source from a
number of perspectives. Come and learn about::

* Open Source's relation to free software

* Considerations for using or contribution to Open Source

* Software patents and Open Source

* The state of industry and the legal climate for Open Source

-- and much more! A light dinner will be provided.

IP Seminar - Open Source Software
Presented by the MIT Club of RTP
Sponsored by the Council for Entrepreneurial Development

When: Thursday, March 16, 2006, 5:30 - 8:00pm

Where: Council for Entrepreneurial Development ** NEW LOCATION

Directions:
http://www.cednc.org/about/directions/ced_entrepreneurship_center.html
<http://www.cednc.org/about/directions/ced_entrepreneurship_center.html>

Who: All are invited, both MIT Alumni and the general public

Cost: $5 for members of the MIT Club of RTP / $8 for all others

Register at: www.mitrtp.com <http://www.mitrtp.com/> .

Agenda:

5:30-6:30 Registration and Networking
6:30-8:00 Mark Webbink's Talk on Open Source Software

Best,

Steve MacCabe '83

Head of the IP Seminar Series for the MIT Club of RTP

NOTICE:  This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information of
Motricity.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the