[TriLUG] OT: C++ question, linked list of objects

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Mon Apr 3 09:29:58 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006, Tanner Lovelace wrote:

> What class at what university?

ncstate csc214

> If you have to do it yourself, why are you asking here?

o I don't know it

o it wasn't part of the lectures. Most of the homework is
not part of the lectures and you have to figure it out from
scratch. I would have hoped the homework would reinforce the
material in lectures, but that doesn't seem to be it's
purpose.

o you have to get it "right" so I can't make up a way of
doing it; I have to find the standard way of doing it.

o I haven't found the answer with google.

> Why does it "seem clunky"?  By using accessors, you can
> change the underlying implementation without having the list
> class change.  That doesn't seem clunky to me.

good to know. I just need a bit of attitude adjustment then.
accessors etc are more work than just retreiving data from a
public struct, which is what I did for my last list. I
wondered if I'd wandered off the trail.

Thanks
Joe