[TriLUG] Linux and WinXP on same drive

Shane O'Donnell shaneodonnell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 13:57:00 EDT 2006

> >> Maybe one day the hardware [3] for running an unmodified windows vm in
> >> xen will be cheap.... What am I saying? Maybe one day windows will be
> >> irrelevant.

That day is coming soon.  Effective after Intel's Prescott 2.8Ghz,
it's my understanding that all Intel processors will have VT built-in.
 I believe the same is true for everything in the Opteron Rev F. and
later having AVT (was "Pacifica") built-in.

Soon, you won't be able to buy a CPU w/out hardware CPU
virtualization, which means that pricing will drop soon.

God bless competition.

Shane O.
========
Shane O'Donnell